Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Leaders create trails for others to follow...


The writing below is how my leadership style is viewed through someone else…

Sarah Terwilliger is a leader who leads by example.  She strives to be a role model in everything she does.  She believes a leader should show people the way and inspire them to succeed.  She values the relationships she builds with her team, peers, and superiors.  Networking and learning from and about other people will help her to see their strengths and weaknesses.  In turn, she can lead them to follow in her footsteps.  All of her famous leaders stood up for what they believed was right even when the world was telling them they were wrong.  Sarah wants to create a vision for success.  From studying a “scout” leader, Sarah learned that it is important to do research and she values planning.  As a team player she is willing to learn from everyone and try new methods.  She will set a trail for her people to follow.

I thought this story pinned my leadership style on the dot.  I have never been able to describe the way I am a leader to anyone before this.  But now it makes sense and everything that the writer described about me is truly how I feel when leading others.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more,
do more and become more, you are a leader.
~John Quincy Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment